How To Deep Clean Your Insulated Thermo Bottle
Whether headed to the office or hitting the road to run errands, one of the first things you’re likely to grab on the way to the door is your stainless steel insulated thermo bottle.
Stainless steel thermos bottles have become very popular in recent years, particularly as they are able to keep liquids hot or cold for a long time. These bottles are used for everything from coffee to soup to hot chocolate. But no matter which one you use, you’ll probably find that the bottle needs more than just a quick rinse to clean it.
You may clean this type of container in a number of ways that are both safe and effective.
Cleaning the Thermo Bottle on a Regular Basis
Whether you drink coffee, tea, or water from an insulated thermo water bottle, you should wash it on a regular basis. You’ll need the following:
- Cleaning brush or bottle scrubber
- Dishwashing liquid
- Microfiber cloth/dishrag
- Wear gloves if you have sensitive skin.
- After using, rinse the water bottle and lid with warm water.
- Mix warm water with a few drops of dishwashing liquid and then fill the bottle with it.
- Soak with at least 5 minutes.
- Wrap the bottle scrubber or cleaning brush in a dishrag or microfiber towel and use it to gently scrape the container. Use the bottle scrubber alone if there is stuck-on food in the thermos.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Wipe using a dry clean cloth.
Using a Baking Soda Solution to Remove Stains
Even if you wash your insulated water bottle every day, it will need a deep clean.
You’ll need the following:
- ½ cup of vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda
- Hot water
- Dishwashing liquid
- Mix vinegar and baking soda together on the thermo bottle.
- Allow the mixture to foam for a few minutes until it settles.
- Shake the mixture.
- Pour out the mixture and rinse the thermo bottle and lid well with water.
- Mix hot water with dishwashing liquid and then soak the bottle and lid.
- Soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Allow the insulated container and lid to dry for at least one night.
Stainless steel thermos is a very useful accessory for our day-to-day life. It is an important part of a picnic, hiking, and other outdoor activities. If you have decided to buy a thermos bottle then you need to know that you will not only buy it but also have a great responsibility to take care of it.